This dish is so simple to make and really compliments the unique flavour Korean ginseng.
It is a personal favourite.
- 1 x medium sized whole chicken.
- 5 to 10g Korean Red ginseng whole dried root.
- 5 x dried dates.
- 1x whole fresh garlic.
- 5 grams ginger.
- Spring onion – when serving.
- Put all the ingredients into a pot.
- Leave the ginseng root whole.
- Season with salt and pepper – if desired.
- Fill with water to a level just higher than the chicken
- Boil 15 minutes, then simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Top served meal with chopped spring onion.
- Add boiled rice.
- Sprinkle a mix of salt, pepper and (optional) chilli powder to taste.